In contrast to the official name changes, the name changes according to civil law exclusively concern the family name. This regularly requires a corresponding declaration at the registry office.
The following transactions under civil law can lead to name changes (the list is not exhaustive):
- Subsequent determination of a married name
- re-adoption of a former name after divorce
- subsequent declaration on the naming of children
- Name declarations of expellees and late repatriates
- Name declarations after naturalization
Upon request, the registry office will provide detailed information on the relevant civil status case and the applicable fees.