There is an entitlement to advance maintenance payments if the child
- has not yet reached the age of 18,
- lives in Germany with one of his or her parents who is single, widowed or divorced, or who lives permanently separated from his or her spouse/life partner,
- does not or not regularly receive maintenance from the other parent;
- between the ages of 12 and 17 either does not receive SGB II benefits or
- the need for assistance can be avoided by the advance maintenance payments, or
- the single parent has an income of at least 600 EUR gross.