The acquisition and possession of firearms and ammunition requires a permit. The Rosenheim city administration is responsible if your main residence is in the city area (district residents please contact the Rosenheim district office). Requirements for the issuance of a permit:
- personal suitability
- expert knowledge
The weapon possession card must be applied for personally!
The following documents must be presented:
- Identity card / passport
- Certificate of need
- Proof of expertise
- Proof of storage (e.g. invoice / photos of the gun cabinet with type plate)
The reliability and personal suitability will be checked by the authorities (if necessary, a medical certificate will be obtained). Proof of expertise and need must be provided by the applicant.
Anyone in possession of weapons or ammunition must take the necessary precautions to prevent these items from being lost or taken by third parties without authorization. Proof of the proper storage of firearms must be provided to the competent authority. Further information on weapons storage can also be found in the Bavarian State Criminal Police Office brochure "Safe Storage of Weapons and Ammunition".
Gas and alarm firearms, compressed air, spring-loaded and CO2 weapons that have an appropriate test mark are exempt from the weapons possession card requirement.
These weapons may be acquired freely from the age of 18. More detailed information can be obtained from the relevant arms dealers or arms stores.
However, the carrying (carrying in public) of these weapons requires a permit! For this purpose, a small firearms license must be applied for.
- Information on the 3rd Weapons Law Amendment Act
- Questions and answers on the 3rd Weapons Amendment Act
- The latest news on weapons law from the Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior, Sports and Integration
The National Weapons Register (NWR) stores all important information on privately and commercially owned firearms requiring a permit. If you are a natural person in possession of a firearms permit or a firearm, you can request information about which of your data is stored in the register. You can make your request in writing, online or in person at the Federal Office of Administration (BVA).
Weapons possession card for hunters (long guns), sport shooters 30 EUR Weapons possession card for hunters (long guns), sport shooters when first issued 60 EUR Weapons possession card for hunting candidates, replacement certificates 60 EUR Weapons possession card for heirs 40 EUR Weapons possession card for weapon collectors 150 EUR Ammunition acquisition card 40 EUR Entry of weapons in weapons possession card 15 EUR (for the first weapon, 7,50 EUR for each additional one) Removal of weapons from the weapon ownership card 10 EUR (for the first weapon, 7,50 EUR for each additional one) Small firearms license 100 EUR European firearms pass 50 EUR Changes/renewal of the European firearms passport 15 EUR
- § 4 WaffG Prerequisite for a permit
- § 5 WaffG Reliability
- § 6 WaffG Personal suitability
- § 7 WaffG expertise
- § 8 WaffG Need, general principles
- § 10 WaffG Issuance of permits for acquisition, possession, carrying and shooting
- § 13 WaffG Acquisition and possession of firearms and ammunition by hunters, carrying and shooting for hunting purposes
- § Section 14 WaffG Acquisition and possession of firearms and ammunition by sport shooters
- § Section 36 WaffG Storage of weapons or ammunition
- Annex 1 WaffG Definitions
- Annex 2 WaffG Weapons List
- General Administrative Regulation on the Weapons Act (WaffVwV)
- General Administrative Regulation on Forms for the Weapons Act (WaffVordruckVwV)
- General decree of the district-free city of Rosenheim on the use of silencers for hunting from 03.06.2020
- General decree of the district-free city of Rosenheim on the use of night vision technology for hunting wild boar from 03.06.2020
- Notification and reporting obligations in the National Weapons Register: private purchases and sales of weapons
- Application for issuance of a weapons possession card
- Application for issuance of a weapons possession card according to § 13 WaffG (hunters) or entry of the weapon(s) in an existing weapons possession card
- Application for legal guardians and underage biathletes for the issuance of a weapons possession card (WBK) according to § 14 Ab. 4 Weapons Law
- Application for issuance of a weapons possession card according to § 20 Abs. 3 Satz 2 WaffG (heirs)
- Notification of acquired firearms according to § 10 para. 1a Weapons Act
- Notification of surrendered firearms pursuant to Section 34 (2) of the Weapons Act
- Notification of possession of one or more magazines or magazine casings pursuant to Section 58 (17) of the Weapons Act
- Notification for deactivated firearms according to § 37d Weapons Act
- Questionnaire for the application for a firearms license
- Application for a small firearms license to carry alarm, irritant and sigal weapons
- Leaflet on the small firearms license, permission in accordance with § 10 para 4 sentence 4 Weapons Act
- Online application: Small firearms license (instructions and requirements for the use of the online procedure can be found in the citizen service portal of the city of Rosenheim).
- Application for issuance of a European Firearms Pass according to § 9d Abs. 2 1. WaffV
- Application for entry, discharge or renewal of the European Firearms Pass
- Certificate for mountain shooters according to § 16 Ab. 1 and § 8 Weapons Act
- Certificate as proof of continued need in accordance with Section 14 Para. 4 Sentence 1 Weapons Act in conjunction with Section 58 Para. 21 Weapons Act
- Declaration of loss of a weapons permit in accordance with § 37 Para. 2 Weapons Act