Restaurant law

Anyone wishing to operate a restaurant generally requires a permit. If the operation of the restaurant is to be transferred to a deputy, this also requires a permit.

Anyone who serves drinks or prepared food for consumption on the premises operates a catering business within the meaning of the Catering Act.

In addition to pubs and restaurants, cafés and discotheques, the term "catering trade" also includes the operation of club bars, snack bars and snack stands. If alcoholic beverages are to be served, a permit under catering law is required. This must be applied for at least one month before the start of operation. The legal regulations on this can be found in the Catering Act.