The custody of a child whose parents are not married to each other is, according to the law, with the mother.

Joint custody

If the mother wishes the father to share parental responsibility, the mother and the father can declare in the form of a public document that they wish to exercise joint custody (declaration of custody). This is possible with us. However, once a declaration of custody has been made, it can only be changed by a decision of the court.

Sole custody

If no declaration of custody has been made, the Office for Children, Youths and Families will issue you with a certificate (negative attestation) on request. The Youth Welfare Office in whose area the mother has her habitual residence is responsible for the mother.

Negative attestation/certificate of custody is issued by Ms. Albertz, extension -1564.