This course is currently not offered. We will inform you on this page as soon as places are available again.
Architects and engineers with a university degree can enter the civil service career by completing a 15-month preparatory service as a civil servant. This preparatory service represents an additional qualification to the bachelor's degree that is recognized throughout Germany. We are looking to recruit a candidate for the civil engineering administrative service with a focus on structural engineering and urban planning (3rd qualification level). The anticipated area of employment after completion of the preparatory service is the urban planning office, urban land use planning department (entry in grade A10).
The preparatory service is divided into training courses, which are organized by the Supreme Building Authority and take place in the district of Munich, and internship sections at various departments of the city of Rosenheim. An exemplary model training plan from the State Building Construction Administration can be found on the homepage of the Supreme Building Authority. Since the focus at the City of Rosenheim is on an assignment in the city planning office, the majority of the internships are completed in the city planning office. In addition, some weeks of internship are planned at the Central Facility Management and the Building Regulations and Contracts Office. The preparatory service ends after 15 months with the qualification examination. If the candidate has the necessary professional and personal qualifications, he or she will be taken on as a probationary civil servant.
- existing degree in the field of architecture / urban planning or another relevant course of study
- German citizenship or citizenship of an EU member state
- health suitability for appointment as a civil servant
- basic knowledge of building and planning law with a focus on urban planning
- initiative, ability to work in a team and high sense of responsibility
- good verbal, written and graphic expression skills
Severely disabled applicants will be given preference if they are equally qualified and meet the same requirements.
The basis for the candidate's remuneration during the preparatory service is the salary law of the Free State of Bavaria in the currently valid version:
- during the preparatory service: € 1,178.85 (gross)
- after successful completion of the preparatory service for the 3rd qualification level: approx. 2,700 € (single, grade A 10 step 1, including structural allowance, gross).
To this must be added the annual special allowance and capital-forming benefits. (Status: 1.3.2017)